After making up the muslin on my birthday, I decided that my dobby broadcloth was not destined to be a Sencha. Sencha just cries out for a lightweight, airy fabric and the broadcloth is more of a mid-weight. I chose to use the remainder of the purple linen from Delphinium and even that seems to heavy for the design.
You’ll have to excuse the backdrop. As you can see, I sew in my kitchen. The shameful part of that is… I actually have a room designated for sewing but it doesn’t get much natural light so I usually haul my machine and pressing equipment out to the dining room where there are big, beautiful, wrap-around windows. One of these days, I’m going to fix the lighting situation so that my husband doesn’t have too look at my fabric scraps while we’re cooking dinner.
I finished the blouse on Sunday. Overall, I’m happy with the results. I wore it today to class paired with a brown skirt that has been hanging, unworn in my closet for the last five years. If that isn’t success, I don’t know what is.
You’ll be happy to know that my camera is back as of this evening. I’ll post some shots of the finished blouse this week and give you details about the sewing experience.